Mozzarella stuffed meatballs are easy and delicious! Fill them with mozzarella cheese that taste just like the ones in pizza. They’ll look great on any platter as an appetiser or even as a main dish.
My whole family loves this dish and I usually serve it with mashed cauliflower, cauliflower rice, or zoodles. The reason why it’s so popular is the unexpected surprise of biting into a meatball and find the gooey cheesy filling.
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- 450 g minced beef
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 egg (small)
- 250 g mozarella (cubed)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 300 g tomato sauce (sugar-free)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Prepare and measure out ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, combine meat with onion powder, Italian herbs, salt, pepper, and egg.
- Stir well until combined. Take some of the mixture and place it on your palm. Add a mozzarella cube in the center.
- Shape the meatballs and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in a 200C oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the sauce; heat olive oil and cook garlic until fragrant.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs warm as a main dish with zoodles or mashed cauliflower, or just sprinkled with chopped corriander leaves.