If you are looking for the most luxurious chocolate pudding, which is also keto-friendly, then you this is for you. The pots de creme combine it all – creaminess and richness from the chocolate and just a bit of whipping cream to balance together.
The pots de creme is an ideal dessert when you are looking for something that is easy to make and especially when craving chocolate.
Chocolate pots de creme are a more luxurious French version of American chocolate pudding. The classic pudding is made with cacao and starch, while the pots de creme are made with egg yolks and pure chocolate, in this case, Keto-friendly chocolate. The pots de creme are thickened either over the stove directly, or over simmering water in a double boiler. I went with the stove version because it is easier and much faster.
Keto Pots de Creme
- Serving Glasses
- 120 g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream (as desired)
- Gather your ingredients as this will ease the cooking process. Chop the chocolate.
- Heat heavy cream over a stove. Do not bring to a boil. Remove as soon as you see tiny simmering bubbles around the edges. Stir in chopped chocolate and sweetener.
- Stir the mixture until the chocolate is melted and the sweetener is dissolved.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs and vanilla.
- This is a very important step. Once the egg yolks are beaten it's time to it to the chocolate, but this needs to be done in small amounts. So, add 1-2 tbsp of the eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk it up so the egg yolks can temper. Then repeat until all the eggs are mixed with the chocolate.
- Whisk the tempered egg yolks into the chocolate. Set the mixture over the stove and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the custard into a serving glass or ramekins. Chill for 3 hours.