Panna Cotta is a very basic pudding that is made of thickened cream with gelatin. It originates from Italy and its name literally means cooked cream.
You can eat panna cotta straight from the cup or serve on a plate. The panna cotta can be served alone or try it with different sauces; strawberry, raspberry, or chocolate.
Panna cotta is an amazing dessert with outstanding creaminess, delicate texture and without any grittiness or lumps.
If you prefer you can substitue with plain milk, half cream or plant-based milk. For this recipe, I went with a mixture of heavy cream and almond milk. It gives a super creamy texture.
Regarding the gelatin, always choose unflavored. I don’t recomend gelatin with flavor because you want that vanilla aroma to stand out.
Keto Panna Cotta
- Serving Glasses
- 120 ml heavy cream
- 120 ml almond milk
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 2 tsp erythritol
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Gather your ingredients and measure them out.
- In a mixing bowl, combine gelatin and milk. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a gentle simmer and remove from the heat. Stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Divide panna cotta between serving glasses or ramekins. Chill in a fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Serve panna cotta alone, with strawberry puree or drizzled with melted chocolate.