Delicious sausage rolls, low-carb dish, with an amazing filling!
I love a good sausage roll more than anything. They are a perfect on-the-go meal, whenever I am in the rush. Sadly, I cannot find the Keto version available in stores.
Therefore, I make these in large batches. I bake some instantly, while I freeze the remaining and just bake whenever in need.
The Keto roll sausages have a semi-crispy dough and juicy inside filling. The filling is made with beef and pork, but if you want to experiment a bit, you can use beef and lamb. The lamb will give a bit of sweetness.
As mentioned, you can make the sausage rolls ahead. Just cut them into portions and pop them in a freezer. To bake, let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before baking in preheated oven.
Keto Mini Sausage Rolls
- Baking sheet
- 250 g ground beef
- 120 g ground pork
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt, to taste
For the dough:
- 170 g grated mozzarella
- 2 tbsp butter
- 85 g almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp xhantan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Gather your ingredients. Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the meat with onion powder, garlic powder, psyllium husk, thyme, and salt.
- Stir until the meat is well combined with the spices.
Make the dough:
- In a saucepot combine mozzarella and butter.
- Set it over a stove, medium heat until the cheese is melted.
- Fold in almond flour, egg, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Stir until the dough comes together.
- While the dough is still warm, roll it out between two pieces of baking paper, to a thin rectangle. Cut the rectangle into two equal parts.
- Divide the meat mixture on the dough.
- Roll the dough over the meat, to form a log.
- At this point, you can cut the log into small sausage rolls, or cut into larger ones.
- Bake the sausage rolls for 18-22 minutes. Serve warm.