Super easy to make, all you need is fresh chicken, mozzarella, and tomato slices. You can season the chicken to taste, with your preferred herbs and spices, or just use our Spice blend.
There are a few ways you can cook the chicken for this dish. My favorite is to sear chicken in a pan before placing in the oven. If you have a cast iron pan you can turn this into one-pot dish. If not, just use a regular pan and transfer the seared chicken into the baking dish.
To get the chicken perfect every time, make sure you use a medium high heat for about 10 minutes.
Add the chicken breast and sear on both sides. Do not rush this step as it will make the end result even better. Let the chicken cook undisturbed until it develops a nice brownish crust. Flip it over and repeat the process on the other side.
The tomatoes and mozzarella are added at the top and cooked until bubbly. You can finish the dish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar or a smear of green pesto. Serve with fresh spinach or watercress salad.
Keto Chicken Caprese
- 2 pcs chicken breast
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- 60 g mozzarella cheese (cut into slices)
- 2 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Gather your ingredients. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine chicken with salt, pepper, olive oil, and Italian seasoning. Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes in a fridge.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Once very hot, sear the chicken on both sides until golden.
- Transfer the chicken to a lightly greased baking dish. Top with tomato slices and mozzarella cheese.
- Roast the chicken for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature is 74C.
- Serve chicken warm with baby spinach or watercress.