This is an easy recipe that anyone can make. The ingredients are whisked in a mug then cooked in a microwave. It’s that simple and the results are amazing.
I have tried many mug cakes and this one is the best so far. It is moist, delicious, and has a perfect texture. Using ingredients you may already have in your pantry, it just needs a microwave-safe mug and five minutes of your time.
Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp erythritol (granulated)
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp water
- Gather your ingredients and measure them accurately.
- Make sure you are using a microwave-safe mug. Start by combining almond flour, cacao, baking powder and sweetener.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, then add egg yolk, Greek yogurt, and water. Stir until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for 2 minutes so the baking powder can develop. Microwave the cake for 50 seconds on High. Serve.